Maryland Photography Alliance 2018 Contest Copyright Terms
This document explains how MPA will work with you to protect your rights as the creator and owner of any image you submit, while allowing MPA to use your image to promote the MPA Photography Contest and MPA itself, if it so chooses.
By submitting an image to the contest, you are attesting that the photo was created solely by you, and that you permit the image to be displayed with attribution to you as the creator. If MPA wishes to use your image in any promotional materials, it will ask for your approval. You will retain all rights, the title, and any interest you may have in the image.
1. You are the owner of the image. You retain all rights, the title, and any other interest in the image. It is your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights you may have in your image.
2. You must obtain model releases as necessary.
3. You will not submit any image that:
a. Violates or infringes upon the rights of others. You cannot violate the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or intellectual property or propriety right of any person or entity.
b. Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability or violate any law.
c. Includes personally identifying information such as messages, phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
4. By submitting an image to MPA, you grant MPA the right to use the image as appropriate in operating or managing the contest. MPA agrees to seek your explicit approval to use your image in promotional materials for the contest, and in promotional materials for MPA. If you want MPA to stop using your image at any time after that, you must contact MPA directly.
5. By submitting an image, you grant MPA the right to identify you as the creator of the image, if it is used in promotional materials related to the contest or to MPA. If, at any time, you want MPA to stop using your name or the image in promotional materials or media, you must contact MPA directly.
6. MPA has the right to monitor images and refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any image as necessary.
7. If you are younger than 18 years, your parent or legal guardian must agree to represent your interests in this agreement and must agree to all the applicable conditions related to the contest as appropriate.
8. You will not receive any compensation from MPA for the use of your image in the contest nor for the use of your image in any promotional materials for the contest or for MPA.
9. If you have questions about this contest, you should contact MPA at mpa@MDPhotoAlliance.org